The Imagination Machine is a children’s theater company which preforms skits based on stories written by our very own Ocean Air students. Students laugh and giggle as the actors using mime, dance, song and action, bring the stories to life. The Imagination Machine is a fun-filled event that our students enjoy and look forward to year after year at Ocean Air School.
If your student would like to submit a story, please follow these guidelines:
1. Each story must have the student’s full name, grade level, and teacher’s name.
2. Stories can be from 1-2 sentences, up to (but not exceeding) two pages in length, on paper no larger than 8.5×11.
3. Please avoid using specific prompts. Variety, creativity, and imagination are highly encouraged.
4. Every story that is submitted for performance will be photocopied. Please be sure that original will be legible once photocopied.
5. All grade levels are encouraged to participate. Stories may be written individually or by a collaboration of two or more authors.
6. Please no books, book reports, essays, lists, or scripts.
The deadline for submitting stories is February 9, 2018.
Stories may be turned in to your student’s teacher or dropped off at the office in the Imagination Machine box. Remind your child that if their story is selected, they will have the unique opportunity of watching their story come to life with the help of the Imagination Machine actors! (Note: Parents of those students whose stories are selected will be invited to come to the Imagination Machine assembly in March.) Questions? Email Amy Gibson at email@example.com.